April 28, 2010

Something for the kid in all of us....

Nope, not candy or toys or clothes. Though I wouldn't mind one of each in that order right now ;) But wildlife....ah, the beauty of nature and the things we can discover online!!

I recently made a boys hoodie of a hooded falcon (note the subtle match-up ;) Anyhow, what I never mentioned was I was once fortunate enough to hang with one of the most noted American Falconers (yes, there are such things!) and watch one be released, where he later caught a bird that was released just for him, and gobbled it up for a quick snack. (note my look of fear next to him ;)

It was unreal. They can swoop at about 200 miles an hour and apparently they have vision 30 times better than we humans.

Anyhow, I was recently introduced to a few web cams of falcons and owls and wanted to share them with you. Finley thinks they are adorable. I do too. Except for when they bring home some live creature and chew it up and regurgitate it to their young. But I digress and probably grossed you all out! Sorry about that, but I am giving you your fair warning. ;)

Peregrine Falcon Cam

Owl cam

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG Are not they beautiful! Thank you for sharing Shari! I love them and you do look good in the picks! You are photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are beautiful!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Checking out what you're up to today. I having my first weekly Button Swap Blog Hop over at my blog where bloggers can swap buttons. Swapping buttons helps bloggers reach new readers and expand their audiences

    You can check it out at http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/button-swap-blog-hop.html
    if your interested.

    ReplyDelete